Bihar Current Affairs (April 2020)
1. “Hello Sakhi Chain”, an awareness campaign to fight against coronavirus
• Dozens of rural women of Muzaffarpur, through their ‘Hello Sakhi Chain’, are making hundreds of families aware every day to avoid this disease.
• The women of these villages have created ‘Hello Sakhi Chain’ to make people aware about COVID-19. Through this chain, a woman is asking about the wellbeing of 20 to 30 families in a day.
• These women have also composed awareness songs in regional languages like Maithili, Bhojpuri, Bajjika.
2. The Bihar government has transferred one thousand rupees each to the bank accounts of over one lakh migrant workers stranded in other parts of the country due to nationwide lockdown. Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said one thousand rupees per person was transferred in the bank accounts of migrant workers through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) system.
3. In a first for the country, Bihar started a Health Emergency Operating Center (HEOC) in collaboration with ISRO to monitor the outbreak of COVID-19.
The Health Emergency Operating Centre has been responsible for gathering specific data and analysing them to get a clear idea for making quick and appropriate decisions in case of the emergency of any kind
4. Government of Bihar Disaster Management team has introduced a mobile app named Indravajra. This app will alert people 40-45 before lightning strikes. The special thing is that the ringtone of your smartphone will ring as an alert. The Bihar government has appealed to the people of the state to download this app in maximum numbers.
5. In Bihar, like other States, schools and colleges are shut due to COVID-19 lockdown. Recently, the BEPC, a wing of the State Education department, launched a mobile application “Unnayan: Mera Mobile, Mera Vidyalaya” for Class VI to XII of over 70,000 government-run schools
The app, said department officials, was jointly developed by the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), the Bihar government and Eckovation, a social learning platform.
6. Bihar Corona Sahayata app:
Bihar Government has declared that it is going to provide the help of Rs. 1000 each to the workers who are coming from outside in Bihar or who are still stuck in other states. The state government has also decided to give Rs. 1000 to the workers of the state who are from the other states and got stuck due to coronavirus pandemic and lockdown.
The Chief Minister of Bihar, Nitish Kumar gave instructions saying that the Disaster Management Department of the state has released an application called the Bihar Corona Sahayata app for this initiative.
Workers will have to register on it to avail of the benefit. Once the registration is complete via the app, the amount will be added to their account directly.
7. Garur App:
Bihar government launches ‘Garur’ app to track migrants for COVID test and quarantine
The disaster management department of the Bihar government has launched “Garur App” for tracking and surveillance of the migrants and all those who have come entered the state in the last few days through rail, roads and flights from across the country and abroad.