Bihar Current Affairs (Feb 2020)
Join Our Quality Test-Series and Secure Your Place in Prelims
- Bihar’s agritech project shines at ‘National e-Governance Awards’
For the development and deployment of a sustainable ICT based agricultural extension model that accelerated agricultural information and technology delivery across Bihar, the Bhagalpur based Bihar Agricultural University (BAU), Sabour has been awarded ‘National e-Governance Awards 2020’ by the central government.
The award was conferred under the ‘Outstanding Research on Citizen Centric Services by Academic/Research’ category during 23rd National Conference on e- Governance held on February 7-8 in Mumbai.
- Bihar: First state to present ‘green budget’.
In a first-of-its-kind initiative in the country, the state government presented a ‘Green Budget’ in the legislative assembly on March 15 after the general budget.
In the green budget, the finance minister presented the gross allocation to be spent by various departments on environment conservation measures to be taken in the 2020-21 fiscal.
- Bihar Flower Festival ( Pushpa Mahotsav ) 2020, held in Patna, organised by Bihar Horticulture Development society.
- 20th All India Police Shooting Championship held in Rohtas
- Sixth edition of ‘Destination Bihar Expo’ was organised at Gandhi Maidan
- Bihar Assembly completed 100 years in 2020.
- Bihar School Examination Board’s (BSEB) first regional office opened in Delhi.
After setting a precedent in the field of education by strengthening the examination system, Bihar School Examination Committee (BSEB) has taken another important step. It has opened its first regional office in the national capital Delhi. This step of the committee will benefit millions of youth from Bihar, studying and working in Delhi-NCR. This regional office established in Vikaspuri area of New Delhi was inaugurated by Mr. Anand Kishore, Chairman, Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB).
- ‘Pyaar ka Paudha’ campaign launched by Bihar govt
‘Pyaar ka Paudha’ (a plant of love) campaign has been launched by the Bihar govt’s Department of Environment & Forest in Patna. This campaign is to encourage the practice of planting trees in the state. Department of Environment, request to gift a plant of love to your closed ones and provide good care. Aim of this campaign is to make the state greener by creating environmental awareness.
- Rohtas and Kaimur Wildlife Century to become Bihar’s second tiger reserve in 1800 sq km
- Champaran based journalist opted for london award
A free lancer journalist of Ratanmala village under Majhaulia police station of West Champaran district of Bihar Monika Jha has been awarded “Stop Slavery Media Award” in London by the Thomson Reuter Foundation for producing a highly impactful story, raising awareness in society about the often overlooked issues of modern slavery and human trafficking in 2019.
- Bihar’s first cancer detection center opened in Buxar
👉🏻 Bihar Current Affairs (January 2020)