Bihar Current Affairs (Jan 2020)
1. Two day Angika Festival was held in Bhagalpur in January 2020.
2. Bihar selected for Krishi Karman Award for the fifth time.
The state will receive this award for its performance in wheat production in the year 2017-18.
The state government will get the Krishi Karman Award for the second time for wheat production. Even before this, it has received the country’s best award in agriculture sector, once for rice and wheat and twice for the production of maize.
3. 10-day third edition of the India International Mega Trade Fair (IIMTF) was held in Patna.
4. Second Integrated Check Post along India-Nepal Border Inaugurated
India Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Nepal Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli jointly inaugurated the Integrated Check Post at the Jogbani (India)-Biratnagar (Nepal) border on 21 January 2020 via video conference.
The check post was built with Indian assistance of $19.64 million (around NPR 2.24 billion).
This is the second check post along the India-Nepal border. The first integrated check post between India and Nepal is along the Raxaul-Birgunj border point. This was inaugurated in 2018.
5. Turtle Rehab Centre in Bihar-First of its kind
The rehab centre will act as home to sick and severely injured turtles that are being rescued from smugglers.
The flow of water in River Ganga in Bhagalpur is ample. There are number of sandbanks in the region that act as ideal breeding ground for the turtles. Also, the turtles in the region weigh up to 15 kilograms and are smuggled in large extent.