Mineral Belts of India
(1) North-Eastern Peninsular Belt:
• It is the richest mineral belt of India.
• Comprises of Chotanagpur plateau and Orissa plateau in Jharkhand, West Bengal and Orissa.
• The Chhotanagpur plateau is known as the mineral heart land of India, also Ruhr of India.
• It contains large quantities of coal, iron, manganese, mica, bauxite, Copper, Chromites, and Kyanite.
(2) Central Belt:
• It is the 2nd largest mineral belt of India. • Comprises of Chhattisgarh, M.P, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra.
• It has large deposits of Manganese, bauxite, limestone, marble, coal, gems (Panna), mica, iron ore, graphite, etc.
Like our Facebook Page to stay updated-BPSC Notes FB Page