Important Sports current affairs Part-2
- Gopi Thonakal became the first Indian to win Asian Marathon Championships.
- R Ashwin became the quickest bowler to 300 Test wickets.
- Indian contingent to BWF Para-Badminton World Championships
in Ulsan, South Korea has clinched 10 medals, including two golds. Parul Parmar won gold in both singles and doubles.
- The 7th international military games will be held in Wuhan city in the central China‘s Hubei Province.
- Indian men’s and women’s kabaddi teams were both crowned the champions of Asia at the 2017 Asian Kabaddi Championship, in
- Virat Kohli has become the first captain to score 10 international
hundreds in a calendar year.
- Indian paddler G Sathiyan wins gold in 2017 ITTF.
- Kavita Devi, a former competitive power lifter, became the first Indian woman to be signed by the WWE.
- Indian table tennis player Diya Chitale won a silver medal in the girls’ doubles category of the 2017 ITTF World Cadet Challenge, in Suva, Fiji.
- Ace Indian shooter Heena Sindhu has bagged gold in women’s 10m Air Pistol event at Commonwealth Shooting Championships in Brisbane, Australia.
- PV Sindhu won the silver medal at the 2017 World Championship.
- Indian shuttler C Rahul Yadav and men’s doubles pair of Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy clinched the men’s singles and men’s doubles title at Lagos International challenge in Nigeria.
- Yashaswini bags gold in 10m air pistol in the final of the ISSF Junior World Championship.
- Srinivas Gokulnath created history by becoming the first Indian to complete 4,900-km Race Across America in solo category.
- Dhanaraj Pillay to get Bharat Gaurav.
- India won all 10 gold medals on offer at the South Asian Junior Table Tennis Championships at Mount Lavinia near Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Egyptian swimmer Omar Hegazy has become the first amputee to swim across Red Sea’s 20km Aqaba Gulf from Egypt to Jordan.
- India off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin has won the coveted International Cricketer of the Year award at the CEAT Cricket Rating International
- South African opener Hashim Amla has become the fastest batsman to score 7000 runs in ODI cricket.
- Indian shot putter Manpreet Kaur clinched a gold in the first leg of the Asian Grand Prix Athletics.
- Mann Kaur broke her world record to clinch gold in 100m at the World Masters Games — considered the Olympics for veterans — in Auckland,
- Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin created the record of
claiming 250 Test wickets in the least number of matches in his 45th test.
- Haryana won the Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Memorial All India National Style Kabaddi Championship defeating Indian Railway.
- India wins T20 Blind World Cup 2017.
- India will be hosting the Combined World Cup for shooting in 2019, a qualifying event for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Like our Facebook Page to stay updated-BPSC Notes FB Page