20 most important current affairs for BPSC PT2018:
- Maharashtra became the first state to mandate its departments to shift their data storage onto the cloud.
- Operation Digital Board: It aims to introduce digitally enabled class rooms to act as a necessary instructional tool to improve the
quality of education with interesting learning experience.
- Sangrai dance: Tripura
- Mankidia Tribe: Odisha
- Kala Azar: caused by protozoan parasite of genus Leishmania. Transmitted by female sandfly.
- Recently, India made ROTAVAC vaccine (for diarrhoea)and Typbar Typhoid Conjugate Vaccine received WHO pre-qualification.
- Total fertility rate declined in India from 2.7 in 2005-06 (NFHS-3) to 2.2 in 2015-16 (NFHS-4). Bihar has the highest rate at 3.41 in India.
- Annual Status of Education Report (ASER)- released by NGO Pratham.
- World Social Protection Report– by International Labour Organization
- University of Surrey, UK has decided to launch Remove Debris mission this year to remove space debris.
- On January 31, 2018, rare moment blue moon, a supermoon and a total lunar eclipse fell on same day. Blue Moon: When two full moons appear in the same calendar month, the second is termed a
“blue moon“. Super Moon: occurs when the full moon is at
the closest point of its orbit to the Earth, which is also called the
- Recently, the Minister for Earth Sciences (MoES) unveiled India’s fastest supercomputer named Pratyush and high performance computer system ‘Mihir’.
- Recently Sikkim has allowed forging ties with trees to help preserve them.
- India ranked 177 out of 180 in recently released Environmental Performance Index.
- Gujarat has topped in the newly released logistics index (LEADS) by Ministry of commerce and industry, followed by Punjab & Andhra Pradesh.
- Jal Marg Vikas Project (JMVP): It is a World Bank funded (partially) project on theriver Ganga, being
developed between Allahabad and Haldia (on NW 1) by Inland Waterways Authority.
- World Economic Forum released its Global Manufacturing Index and placed India on the 30th position.
- Global Talent Competitiveness
Index (GTCI): India ranked 81st.
- India was ranked 62nd among 74 emerging economies on World Economic Forum’s Inclusive Development Index.
- Recently, government has approved 2018 as the ‘National Year of Millets’ to boost the agro-industry and production of the cereal.
- Arctic Council: Established in 1966. Member: Canada, the Kingdom of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Russia, Sweden and the United States.
- Development of Arctic shipping routes which are likely to become important transport routes for international trade. It is referred to as “Polar Silk Road”. It is termed as an expansion of “Belt and Road Initiative”.
- India has been admitted as 43rd member to Australia group, formed in 1985. It is a Multilateral Export control Regime seeks to ensure that exports do not contribute to the development of chemical or biological weapons.
- The 4th International Dharma-Dhamma Conference was
recently held at Rajgir in Nalanda district, Bihar as a part
of the commemorative events to mark ASEAN-India 25 years of dialogue partnership.
Like our Facebook Page to stay updated-BPSC Notes FB Page