Important February 2018 current affairs
20 most important current affairs for BPSC PT2018:
- India is ranked 62nd in the Rule of Law Index 2017-18 brought out by the World Justice Project.
- Switzerland tops Financial Secrecy Index, India is ranked 32.
- Recently, Mumbai became the first Indian city to be a member of World Cities Cultural Forum (WCCF).
- RISE Scheme: to step up investments in centrally funded institutions.
- International Intellectual Property Index (IIPI): India has been ranked 44.
- Recently, World Sustainable Development Summit 2018 was inaugurated by Prime Minister in New Delhi.
- CAMPA: a statutory body for management and utilisation of National Compensatory Afforestation Fund (NCAF).
- Paschim Lehar Exercise: tri–service exercise was conducted in Arabian Sea by Western Naval Command.
- LAMITYE: Indo-Seychelles joint army exercise.
- Golden Triangle: It is the region between the borders of Myanmar, Laos, and Thailand; a famous region for its opium production.
- Golden Crescent: It is the second major area of illicit opium production in Asia spanning across three nations; Afghanistan, Iran, and Pakistan.
- KUSUM scheme: aims to incentivise farmers to run solar farm water pumps and use barren land for generating solar power to have extra income.
- Chit fund: a type of saving scheme where a specified number of subscribers contribute payments in instalment over a defined period. Regulator: being part of the Concurrent List of the Indian Constitution; both the centre and state can frame legislation regarding chit funds.
- ‘Ponzi Scheme’: a fraudulent investing scam promising high rates of return with little risk to investors. The Ponzi scheme generates returns for older investors by acquiring new investors.(इसकी टोपी उसका सर).
- e-Kuber is the Core banking solution (CBS) of Reserve Bank of India.
- Bharat Stage (BS) VI norms emission standard norms to
regulate the output of air pollutants from internal combustion engine
equipment, including motor vehicles. All automobiles in India BS-IV compliant from 1 April 2017. The target is to adopt BS-VI norms from 1 April 2020, skipping BS-V.
- NABARD: created on July 1982 on the recommendations of Shri B. Sivaraman Committee. It is an apex development bank of country and is engaged in agricultural credit and other economic activities in rural
- Operation Greens: for enhancing production & reducing price volatility of fruits & vegetables (namely tomatoes, onions and potatoes (TOP) initially).
- Recently, work on Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India (TAPI) Gas Pipeline project has been started in Afghanistan.
- India has recently joined the Ashgabat agreement. It is an agreement between the Governments of Iran, Oman, Turkmenistan and the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- Corruption Perception Index: India ranked 81st
Like our Facebook Page to stay updated-BPSC Notes FB Page