20 most important current affairs for BPSC PT2018:
- Venezuela recently launched its virtual currency (crypto currency) called ‘PETRO’.
- Iraq has overtaken Saudi Arabia for the first time to become India’s top crude oil supplier.
- Hornbill festival: Nagaland
- Recently UNESCO has inscribed Kumbh Mela on its Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has declared India Trachoma free. It is a chronic infective eye disease caused by infection with the bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis.
- UNICEF recently released a report named- ‘State of World’s Children Report: Children in the Digital World, 2017’.
- New matter ‘excitonium’ discovered.
- X Development LLC, a subsidiary of Alphabet will supply and deploy two thousand cutting-edge Free Space Optical Communication (FSOC) links for Andhra Pradesh (AP) fiber-grid.
- Operation Save Kurma: to combat the proliferating illegal trade in live turtles and its parts from the country to destinations abroad. For this effort Wildlife Crime Control Bureau (WCCB) has been awarded a certificate of
commendation by CITES.
- Majuli Island (Assam): It is the largest inhabited river Island in the world and India’s first island district.
- Agriculture is the main source of nitrogen pollution in India
followed by Sewage and organic solid wastes.
- Ajeya Warrior: Indo-UK joint military exercise.
- Blue Flag – For the first time, Indian Air force participated in 3rd edition of Blue Flag, a bi-annual multilateral
exercise, in Israel.
- World Energy Outlook (WEO) released by International Energy Agency (IEA). India has the world’s largest electricity
access deficit followed by Nigeria and Ethiopia.
- The Eleventh Ministerial Conference (MC11) took place in December 2017 in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Maldives has signed its first ever Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with China.
- International Solar Alliance has become a treaty-based intergovernmental organization on 6th Dec, which was marked as Universal Energy Access Day. It was jointly launched by India and France in November 2015 in Paris. Headquartered in India, its secretariat is located at National Institute of Solar Energy, Gurugram, Haryana.
- Recently the Wassenaar Arrangement (WA)
decided to admit India as its new member (42nd). It is a multilateral export control regime (MECR) to promote transparency and greater
responsibility in transfers of Conventional Arms and Dual-Use Goods and Technologies. All the permanent members of the U.N. Security Council barring China are signatories of the WA.
- Indian diaspora have been found to be world’s largest
as per World Migration Report 2018.
- Meghalaya became the first state in India to operationalise
a social audit law.
Like our Facebook Page to stay updated-BPSC Notes FB Page