20 most important current affairs for BPSC PT2018:
- Chennai has been included in the UNESCO Creative Cities Network for its rich musical tradition. It is the 3rd Indian city after Jaipur (craft) & Varanasi (music).
- Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple in Srirangam in Tamil Nadu has
won the UNESCO Asia Pacific Award of Merit 2017 for cultural
- Elephantiasis or Lymphatic
Filariasis: It is a parasitic disease caused by the parasitic worms called filial worms which is spread by the bite of the infected black flies and mosquitoes.
- Moscow Declaration: related to TB
- Global Education Monitoring Report: UNESCO. Theme ‘Accountability in Education’.
- India State Level Disease Burden Report prepared by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- Global Gender Gap Report: World Economic Forum. India= 108th Rank.
- India is set to launch its first
solar mission Aditya-L1 in 2019.
- COP-23 of UNFCCC concluded in Bonn, Germany.
- Recently, India has been ranked 14th in Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI).
- Recently, govt. exempted bamboo grown in non-forest areas from the definition of trees.
- CAMPA: Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA)
for management and utilisation of National Compensatory Afforestation Fund (NCAF).
- NIRBHAY is India’s first indigenous Long Range Sub-Sonic Cruise Missile, developed and designed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- Recently SAMPRITI 2017 was held in Mizoram. It is a bilateral Indo-Bangladesh exercise.
- BRAHMOS: joint venture between India and Russia. Named after Brahmaputra and Moscowa rivers.
- Recently, Sagar Kavach exercise was conducted by Odisha and
West Bengal in Bay of Bengal.
- Global Financial Development Report: World Bank
- Recently, government has given the approval for setting up India’s first mega coastal economic zone (CEZ) at Jawaharlal Nehru Port (JNPT) in Maharashtra.
- Recently, India hosted the fifth edition of Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCCS).
- Recently, Justice Dalveer Bhandari was re-elected as the judge of International Court of Justice (ICJ) (Established in 1945, at Hague)
- ASEAN: founded in 1967. There are currently 10-member states: Indonesia, Malaysia,
Philippines, Singapore, Thailand,
Brunei, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia and Vietnam.
- 15th Finance Commission (FC) chairman: N.K. Singh. Article 280 of the Constitution provides for a FC as a quasi-judicial body
Like our Facebook Page to stay updated-BPSC Notes FB Page