Important October 2017 current affairs
20 most important current affairs for BPSC PT2018:
- DELAMANID– new TB drug
- Nobel Peace Prize 2017 awarded to ICAN.
- Nobel Prize In Literature: KAZUO ISHIGURO
- Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple in Madurai (Tamil Nadu) has been adjudged the best ‘Swachh Iconic Place’ (clean place) in India.
- Recently, fourth International dialogue on Civilisation was conducted in New Delhi.
- Recently the Minister of Human Resource Development announced that Paika Rebellion (Odisha) will be renamed as “First War of Independence”.
- Niti Aayog along with the Health ministry has started ranking district hospitals through ‘Health of our Hospitals’ index.
- India has ranked 100 among 119 developing countries as per report titled “2017 global hunger index: The inequalities of hunger”.
- Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2017: Jeffrey C. Hall, Michael Rosbash and Michael W. Young=> Circadian Rhythm.
- Nobel Prize In Physics: Rainer Weiss, Barry Barish and Kip Thorne for contributions to the LIGO detector and the observation of gravitational waves.
- Nobel in Chemistry: Joachim Frank, Jacques Dubochet, and Richard Henderson => high-resolution cryo-electron microscopy.
- Government has decided to establish Turtle Sanctuary at Allahabad under Namami Gange programme.
- Nobel Prize In Economics: Richard Thaler=> behavioural economics.
- Recently, gold options were launched for the first time in India on Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX).
- Recently, Ro-Ro (‘roll-on, roll-off) Ferry Service was launched in Gujarat between Ghogha and Dahej.
- Uday Kotak panel on corporate
- Ease Of Doing Business: World Bank- India at 100th rank.
- US withdraws from UNESCO (established in 1946 and is based in Paris).
- Catalonia- Spain, Kurdistan- Iraq, Chabahar port- Iran, Djibouti- just off the Gulf of Aden.
- Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA)- Iran nuclear deal between Iran, the P5+1 (the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council—China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, United States—plus Germany)
Like our Facebook Page to stay updated-BPSC Notes FB Page