Important September 2017 current affairs
20 most important current affairs for BPSC PT 2018:
- CAUVERY MAHA PUSHKARAM: Pushkaram is the Indian festival of worshipping rivers. It is celebrated along the banks of 12 rivers in India.
- BONDA TRIBE: Odisha
- India has been placed at a low 103 rank among 130 countries on the WEF’s Global Human Capital Index.
- Major Reports and Indices by WEF:
Global Competitiveness Report
Global Gender Gap Report
Global Human Capital Report
Inclusive Development Index
- ‘Antara’ and ‘Chhaya’: two new contraceptives.
- World’s most powerful LASER namely European X-Ray Free Electron Laser (European XFEL) was recently unveiled in Hamburg, Germany.
- Singapore based marketing agency and Maharashtra based NGO developed a Vermillion (Bindi) named Jeevan-Bindi which contains iodine.
- Zoological survey of India: Established : 1916, HQ : Calcutta
Evolved from Asiatic Society of Bengal and Zoological Section of
the Indian Museum: Sirn William Jones.
- Sundarban Biosphere Reserve: It is located in the vast delta of the Ganges, south of kolkata. It is the largest and only mangrove reserve in the world inhabited by tigers. Sunderban is the largest contiguous mangrove area in the world and one of the World Heritage Sites of India
- SURYA KIRAN EXERCISE: It is a 12th edition of Indo-Nepal joint military exercise commenced in Nepal.
- YUDH ABHYAS 2017: It is 13th edition of joint military exercise was conducted by the Indian and US armies in Washington, USA.
- The DRDO has successfully tested Nag, the 3rd generation Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) Nag Missile.
- India has been ranked the 40th most competitive economy, slipping one place from last year’s ranking, on the recently released World Economic Forum’s global competitiveness index (GCI).
- According to the World Nuclear Industry Status Report 2017, India is third in the world in the number of nuclear reactors being installed, while China tops the list.
- SAUBHAGYA YOJANA: aim to provide electricity to over four crore families in rural and urban areas by December 2018.
- Ashok Dalwai Committee: on doubling the farmers income.
- ECONOMIC ADVISORY COUNCIL: The EAC-PM is an independent body to give advice oneconomic and related issues to the Government of India, specifically to the prime minister.
- Recently RBI listed HDFC as Domestic – Systematically Important Bank (DSIB). Currently SBI, ICICI and HDFC are DSIB.
- ROHINGYA: Muslims of Myanmar
- Recently, 9th BRICS Summit 2017 was held in Xiamen, China. BRICS is the acronym for an association of five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. South Africa will host the 10th BRICS summit on July 2018.
Like our Facebook Page to stay updated-BPSC Notes FB Page