20 most important August 2017 current affairs for BPSC PT 2018:
- Gobindobhog Rice (from Burdwan district of West Bengal): Gi Tag
- OPERATION ALL-OUT: Operation All-Out was launched in March 2017 to counter the militant violent attacks in Kashmir.
- A proposal to build a 70 ft. Buddha statue (themed on Mahaparinirvana) in Ghatasala in Krishna district in Andhra Pradesh has been passed by the government.
- SAI promoted Indigenous Games and Martial Arts (IGMAs) are as follows:
Kalaripayatu– martial art- Kerala
Silambam– martial art- Tamil Nadu
Kabaddi– Telangana, Andhara Pradesh and Maharashtra
- Recently the nation celebrated 75th Anniversary of the Quit India Movement. Theme of this year’s celebration was “Sankalp se Sidhi” urging the people to take a pledge to fight poverty and malnutrition. Failure of Cripps Mission=>Quit India Movement, July 1942
- Malpelo Plate: new tectonic plate discovered
- INCOIS inaugurated an Ocean Forecasting System for Comoros, Madagascar and Mozambique at third meeting of Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System for Asia and Africa (RIMES).
- Recently, India’s first private missile production facility was unveiled near Hyderabad.
- In 2017, Earth Overshoot Day(calculated by WWF and Global Footprint Network) fell on August 2.
- Tamil Nadu govt in collaboration with IIT Madras have been restoring Vaan Island in Gulf of Mannar by deploying artificial reefs near vulnerable islands.
- Pangong Tso Lake: landlocked, brackish water lake in the Ladakh Himalaya.
- The Indian Navy will join the Chinese People’s Liberation Army-Navy (PLAN) for maiden International Maritime Search and Rescue Exercise (IMMSAREX) chaired by the Bangladesh Navy in the Indian Ocean.
- second ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) : Bharat 22
- 15th ministerial meeting of BIMSTEC held at Kathmandu. The BIMSTEC member states—Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Bhutan, and Nepal. HQ- Dhaka
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has opened a uranium bank for Low Enriched Uranium (LEU) in Oskemen city of Kazakhstan.
- The RCEP is billed as an FTA between the 10-member ASEAN
bloc and its six FTA partners — India, China, Japan, South Korea,
Australia and New Zealand.
- The Turkmenistan–Afghanistan–Pakistan–India Pipeline (TAPI), also known as Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline, is a natural gas pipeline being developed by the Galkynysh – TAPI Pipeline Company Limited with participation of the Asian Development Bank
- NRIs permitted to vote through proxy in the Lok Sabha and
assembly elections. Earlier, this was permitted only to service personnel.
- Article 35A was incorporated into the Constitution in 1954 by a Presidential order issued under Article 370(1) (d) of the Constitution
Article 35A of the constitution empowers J&K legislature to define state’s “permanent residents” and their special rights and privileges without attracting a challenge on grounds of violating the Right to Equality of
people from other States or any other right under the Constitution.
- Supreme Court ruled that Right To Privacy is an intrinsic part of life and liberty under Article 21
Like our Facebook Page to stay updated-BPSC Notes FB Page