20 most important current affairs for BPSC PT 2018:
- Indian Railways Organization for Alternate Fuel (IROAF) has been awarded the National level “Golden Peacock Award for the Year 2017 for Eco-Innovation”
- Union cabinet recently approved establishment of International
Rice Research Institute (IRRI), South Asia Regional Center (ISARC)
at campus of National Seed Research and Training Center (NSRTC) in Varanasi.
- Karnataka will be the second state to have its official flag after Jammu and Kashmir, which enjoys a special status under Article 370 of the Constitution.
- Ahmedabad became India’s first World Heritage City.
- The Maharashtra government’s Prohibition of Social Boycott Act
got the assent of President Pranab Mukherjee. Maharashtra is the first state in the country to formulate such a law.
- Jarawa tribe– They are Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs) and they are restricted to Andaman island numbering less than 400.
- India rank 116th out of 157 country on SGDs Index and Dashboard report conducted by Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN).
- Hemoglobinopathies: a kind of genetic defects that result in abnormal structure of one of the globin chains of the hemoglobin molecule.
- The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has inked agreement with Punjab State Council of Science and Technology to establish India’s first TISC (Technology and Innovation Support Center).
- SOHUM: indigenously developed newborn hearing screening device.
- A team of Indian scientists has reported the discovery of a previously unknown ‘supercluster’ of galaxies, some
four billion light years away from Earth, and named it Saraswati.
- India has declared itself free from Bird Flu (highly pathogenic Avian Influenza – H5N1 and H5N8).
- Kala-Azar: vector borne disease caused by a protozoan parasite of genus Leishmania.
- According to World Wildlife fund data of 2012, Assam has 91 percent of total Rhino population of India which is mainly concentrated in Kaziranga National Park, and a few in Pobitara Wildlife Sanctuary.
- India is ranked a high 23rd out of 165 nations in The Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI).
- Sunderbans: classified as a moist tropical forest, UNESCO world heritage site. Dominated by “Sundri tree”
- Gujarat has retained the top position in state Investment Potential Index.
- Malabar is an annual military exercise between the navies of India, Japan and the U.S. held alternately in the Indian and Pacific Oceans.
- China’s first overseas military base at Djibouti.
- The G-20 summit 2017 was held in Hamburg, Germany. The theme of this year’s summit was ‘Shaping An Interconnected World’.
Like our Facebook Page to stay updated-BPSC Notes FB Page