BPSC GS Mains syllabus in full detail
General studies paper I and paper II will cover the following areas of knowledge:-
1. Modern History of India and Indian culture (3*38=114 marks):Modern History of India and culture will cover the broad history of the country (with special reference to Bihar) from about the middle of nineteenth century.
Modern History of India and culture will cover the broad history of the country (with special reference to Bihar) from about the middle of nineteenth century.
The modern history of Bihar will include:-
- introduction and expansion of western education (including technical education).
- Bihar’s role in the freedom struggle of India.
- Santhal Uprising,
- 1857 in Bihar,
- Birsa movement,
- Champaran Satyagrah and
- Quit India Movement 1942.
Culture will include:-
- Mauryan Art
- Pala Art
- Patna Qulam painting
It would also include questions on:-
- Tagore and
2. Current events of national and international importance (3*38=114 marks):
3. Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams (72 marks):
It will include exercises to test the candidate’s ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical or diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies, limitations or inconsistencies therein.
1. Indian Polity (3*38=114 marks):- questions on the political system in India including Bihar.
2. Indian economy and Geography of India(3*38=114 marks):- questions will be put on planning in India and the physical, economic and social geography of India and Bihar.
3. The role and impact of science and technology in the development
of India (72 marks):- questions will be asked to test the candidate’s awareness to the role and impact of science and technology in India and Bihar.
Emphasis will be on applied aspects.
Download here BPSC Mains Syllabus
Like our Facebook Page to stay updated– BPSC Notes FB Page